We’ve been reviewing all the strides that our company has made this past year. Season by season, we worked to advance for our community, both online and offline, and our clients. It was a big year in local digital marketing and our company, so we thought we’d take a look back at the major developments that shaped 2014.
- The beginning of 2014 started with a major change in the way we connect to our community and customers. We pulled out all the stops in making Where2GetIt more innovative, alive and modern by bringing about a whole visual rebrand. We strive to make our look as streamlined, clean and simple as possible to reflect the innovation that we are constantly trying to create for our team and our customers alike. The rebrand came with a revamped website, as well as a new corporate identity to match the rest of our plans for 2014.
- One of the most notable and exciting developments for Where2GetIt was the acquisition of local and social evaluation company Brandify. Together, Where2GetIt and Brandify offer a unique approach in order for brands to analyze their online footprint and improve their location-based digital marketing. The Brandify Platform includes real-time marketing algorithms that evaluate over 250 variables to produce a unique Brand Score. We have worked to make sure your business benchmark its local strides in boosting online business listings, organic search, and social media engagement.
- This summer we were thrilled to publish our first Ebook, entitled “The Local Search Challenge.” This downloadable document gave our readers a first hand look at Brandify’s structure and the key Six Pillars that make up the Brand Score. Business owners were also able to read how Brandify works with Where2GetIt’s business listings management processes and digital marketing platform to help create brands that people love.
- In July we were proud to announce that Where2GetIt had partnered with Factual as a Trusted Data Contributor (TDC) Partner. Where2GetIt has since contributed key accurate location data to Factual’s geolocation database in order to provide the best possible resources for those focused on social, local, and mobile.
- At Where2GetIt we worked hard in the third quarter to produce our newest recurring series known as “Brand Score Battle.” We partnered with Street Fight to produce a comprehensive report of two popular brands within the same industry vertical to see how well they stack up against each other in the fields of digital marketing. In our inaugural Battle two prevalent frozen yogurt chains were pitted against one another to see who came out on top with the better Brand Score. What was the result? A head-to head smackdown for digital domination. And only the strongest, most loved brands could stack up. With stats, infographics, and plenty of insights we compared and decided which brand performed best.
- We have been able to attend several conferences this year, including StreetFight Summit New York and BIA/Kelsey’s Leading in Local in Atlanta. It was particularly noteworthy that we attended BIA Kelsey’s “Local Interactive Media” conference in San Francisco this December. Our CEO Manish Patel was invited to sit on a panel discussion covering the topics of Marketing Automation and Social Leadership, lending his insight into how multi-location businesses can make the most out of their digital marketing plans. He discussed what we believe to be a core tennet of digital marketing in 2015: a hybrid automation strategy to connect with customers. You can catch up on his presentation here.
This year was definitely one for the books. For the past 17 years, we have worked hard to provide the best quality, service and product for our clients and followers. Thanks to the constant support and connection with our community, we have been able to achieve big things. For 2015 our team already sees major advancements on the rise, and we’re looking forward to helping you build a brand customers love!